Monday, January 16, 2012

Random Thoughts :l

I've been struggling a lot recently reminding myself to focus on the positive and forget about all that I don't have. I recently read this entry Finding Beauty in the Ordinary: The Day That Forever Changed My Life and it really never seizes to amaze me that I always end up reading blogs or stories when I'm feeling the most discouraged. I read this last Monday when I woke up in a pretty somber mood, and as soon as I read this it reminded me that things will come in time, and although it feels like I've been waiting for a long time, for things in my life to come together, in the end I am positive that my life will be exactly what I want it to be and more. I'm sure of it! :)

I went on a job interview on Thursday, after I had applied to Everest college as (actually I don't even remember because I've applied to wayyyy too many jobs in my life) however, the director of education emailed me telling me that she has a different position then the one I applied that she would like me to apply for, so naturally I said ABSOLUTELY I would like to submitted. She asked me to come in for an interview. I went on Thursday, and at least from what I could tell she loved me, and I'm hoping and praying everyday that she'll call me this week and offer me this position. Even though this position isn't it what I got my degree in, she said there was a lot of room for me to do different things in this school and I'm positive I could thrive (now I have been just sitting thinking about how much I want/need/long for a full time job with benefits and an income and stress?) Okay maybe I can do without the stress part, BUT I have been thinking about how this job would do so much for me and my love and how much we could be living our dreams if I got a full time job :)

So, I have been noticing more and more and MORE that people complain about their lives, I can't do this because of this, OR I wish I had this, or that or I NEED this or that, etc. I follow a lot of celebrities on twitter, namely some teen moms from 1 & 2 and a lot of them complain about the paparazzi, and it REALLY REALLY REALLY DRIVES ME INSANE!!! Although, I'm positive that the paparazzi or whatever people want/need is important it feels like people complain way too much now! MOST people choose to focus on what they DON'T have rather then what they DO! I try so hard not to do this, and sometimes I have to admit that I do, I mean really, who doesnt? Even if for just a few seconds. Hints, why in the first part I talked about how finding that blog was so inspirational! I have noticed more and more the things that people complain about and how much it really bothers me. And then today I came across this article that Khloe Kardashian posted on her twitter, it is EXACTLY what I am talking about!


There was a blind girl that hated herself because she was blind. She hated everyone except her loving boyfriend. He was always there for her. She told her boyfriend, “If I could see the world, I’d marry you”. One day someone donated a pair of eyes to her. When the bandages came off, she was able to see everything, including her boyfriend. He asked her, “Now that you can see the world, will you marry me?” The girl looked at her boyfriend and saw that he was blind. The sight of his closed eyelids shocked her. She hadn’t expected that. The thought of looking at him for the rest of her life led her to refuse to marry him. Her boyfriend left her in tears and days later wrote a note to her saying; “Take good care of your eyes, my dear, for before they were yours, they were mine.”
This is how the human brain often works when our status changes.
Only a very few remember what our life was like before, and who was always by their side in the most painful situations.
Today before you say an unkind word – Think of someone who cant speak.
Before you complain about the taste of your food -Think of someone who has nothing to eat.
Before you complain about your husband or wife – Think of someone who’s crying out to GOD for a companion.
Today before you complain about life – Think of someone who went too early to heaven.
Before you complain about your children – Think of someone who desires children but they are barren.
Before you argue about your dirty house someone didn’t clean or sweep – Think of the people who are living in the streets.
Before whining about the distance you drive -Think of someone who walks the same distance with their feet.
And when you are tired and complain about your job – Think of the unemployed, the disabled, and those who wish they had your job.
But before you think of pointing the finger or condemning another -Remember that not one of us is without sin and we all answer to one MAKER.
And when depressing thoughts seem to get you down – put a smile on your face and thank GOD you’re alive!


I am going to continue to try to focus on the positive rather then the negative, and remember that although I don't have everything that I want right now at this very moment I do have plenty of GREAT things in my life to be grateful for!

MY AMAZING HUSBAND who I do not give enough credit for, he truly is AMAZING and I am so lucky to have such a hard working wonderful provider, he does everything for us, he is easy going and so much fun to be around, he truly is my BEST friend and I couldn't ask for anyone better to spend the rest of my life with! I LOVE YOU! You are amazing, and I'm glad you chose me to be your wife :)
♥MY funny beasts, that always make me laugh and are a free source of entertainment on a daily basis!
♥my wonderful family who I WOULD NOT trade ANYTHING for! They are the best!

So, while I'm patiently waiting for all of the things in my life to fall into place, I am going to be focused on all of the positive things that I do have :)

No comments: