Sunday, May 19, 2013

Parenthood

In these short (feels like a worldwind) six months my life literally has CHANGED a million and ONE ways!  I didn't think that my life would be as different as it is.  I thought obviously were gonna be staying home more now, and won't be going to the movies for a while. Obvious things.  BUT never in my life would I imagine having an entire different outlook on life like I do.  There is NOT one day that goes by that I don't think about the world as a whole and ask myself daily what kind of world did I bring my child into?  Actually I also ask myself every single day ummm how do those 16 year olds do this?  Seriously?  It's tough & nerve racking you're constantly asking yourself is this the way I'm supposed to do things?  Because I don't know the RIGHT way just know the way I think is best right?

My best friend from college sent me this article today and it seriously hit so close to home.  I like I'm sure most parents get frustrated that I can't clean the house, or I can finish doing anything before carter wakes up from his nap, because really as soon as he falls asleep I have a MILLION and one things that need to be done and guess what gets done?  One thing.  I eat lunch. Hahaha but you know what?!  I really wouldn't change it.  The article literally took the words out of my brain and put them onto paper.  In the moments I start to feel overwhelmed I look at my baby and I can't believe that he's mine.  He smiles and the dishes, the laundry it all doesn't matter because right now all I care about is him.

There is no day that I could be more thankful for the husband and his hardwork that allows me to be home with Carter all day every single day.  Although MOST days I'm overwhelmed with housework that NEEDS to be done.  I know that these last few months that I have been able to stay home with Carter are ones that I will ALWAYS treasure and for that I am beyond grateful, to the husband, to god for giving me these amazing blessings.  Couldn't be MORE grateful :)



1 comment:

jennifer said...

I love this post :o) It's easy to get overwhelmed, but they are so worth it!