Friday, March 22, 2013

OMG!! Baby Carter is FIVE months old!!


Weight:

Height:

Clothing Size:  he is MOSTLY in 3-6 month clothes, he can still fit into his 3 month onesies, and they fit PERFECT I'm thinking that within the next couple of weeks they won't fit anymore, but right now his 6 month ones just fit so big.  AND all of his t-shirts, like the stretchy material ones are 6 months, idk he just doesn't fit into the smaller ones.  AND his shoes he's in size 2 still, but I always buy at least size 3 or even 4 because I get so nervous that he'll just grow overnight and then he won't get to wear them at all.

Diaper Size:  welllllll he SHOULD be in size 2 still, because that is what fits him BUT I order his diapers on amazon and since we order by the hundreds, I was so worried that he'd outgrow his size 2 diapers before we got to use them all, so I ordered size 3...now I'm thinking I messed up and should have just stuck with the 2's because the 3's don't fit his waist at all....what to do what to do...still haven't figured it out...BUT he'll probably just be in size 3 FOREVER since we put him in them so early.

Feeding:  He is still EBF BUT at six months we are going to start giving him food....is it bad that I seriously CAN NOT wait!!  I can't wait to see how he reacts to food...and to not be the only one to feed him....soooo by next month update he should have already tasted his first food, and I'll be SURE to post lots and lots of pictures :)  (i'm sure you would love that right?)

Sleep:  hmmmm well for the MOST part his sleep is good, BUT my poor little dude is teething because he'll randomly wake up at night screaming his head off!    If we stick some orajel in his mouth his is instantly fine, and goes right back to sleep...my poor baby :(  I hope those teeth pop out SOON!

Milestones:  He can sit up for a couple of seconds now, maybe 30 and then he'll throw himself over to the side.  he also can get around anywhere on our floor, he'll figure a way to get there by turning and spinning and rolling, it's so funny!  He knows his  name now and will turn when someone calls him :)  he gets distracted when eating, so if someone's talking he'll turn his head like they're talking to him (funny but kinda annoying when I'm trying to feed him discreetly).  he laughs at all kinds of stuff now, makes things so much funnier then they are because he's busting up laughing.

Adventures:  this month carter helped his dad celebrate his bday :)

Mommy & Daddy could NOT get through this month without:  Baby Carter, we seriously can't get enough of his bald head.  Oh and our swaddle blankets (still) all of our cute clothes AND The Black Keys!  Carter loves loves loves them :D

I know that I have heard people say over and over again, BUT it truly does get better & better every single day!  Right now he learns so much!!!  He can copy lots of things we do.  and he pays so much attention to us!  I never in a million years thought that motherhood would be THIS amazing!  He really brings so much joy to us, and I can't believe that he's been here for ALMOST 1/2 year!!!










my little bald headed baby is getting more hair, and it's even more funny that it grows funny so it looks like he constantly has bed head :)  I PROMISE I brushed it before these pics!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

He is such a cutie! I forgot him and A are only a week apart! Too cute!

jennifer said...

I nominated you for a Liebster award. Get your ?'s and details on my blog :)

http://jen-firstcomeslove.blogspot.com