Sunday, September 1, 2013

Day 1-My Story

Where to begin?  Is it weird that I am 28 and I feel like I could write an entire book on stuff that has been in my life?  Eeek and by the way did I really just say I was 28?  -.-  someone's getting old.

28 years ago, I was born in Germany.  My mom & dad were high school sweethearts, my dad joined the army & they were off to Germany for four years so I was born there.  To tell you I get "not being a citizen jokes" is an understatement I get them so much it's annoying.  But it is who I am, and it's always funny when I'm applying or calling somewhere and they ask my birthplace.  Ummm are you a U.S. citizen?  Umm yes my dad was in the army!  Ohhhh okay.  Story of my life.

We moved back when I was only a couple of months old, and was an only child until my sister was born, 4 years TO THE EXACT day of my fourth birthday.  My childhood was a normal one, except my grandma was our babysitter so I got to spend every weekday with my cousins and the whole entire summer, so to say we loved going to my grandmas house is putting it lightly.  We (as in my sister, and cousins) still think of my grandmas house as a house of fun, and lightness.  Like nothing could go bad there and if you are feeling bad, go spend a day at her house and you'll instantly feel better.  That and my grandma is sure to make you some amazing food while you're visiting.  The four of us grew up very close, and still are to this day.  I hope that Carter has that with his cousins and my cousins and I try our hardest to get our kids together as often as possible so that they could feel the love and closeness we feel for our cousins.

I never really was involved with anything when I was younger, girl scouts for a couple of years, softball for a season or two, and thats about it.  So being with my cousins was our activity and it makes me look so fondly on my childhood it's amazing.


I went to high school and had no idea what I wanted to do when I was older, I couldn't believe that at 16 I was supposed to know what career I would want for the rest of my life, so I thought about it but not too much.  Sometime in my sophomore or junior year I read the book "A Child Called It" if you haven't read it, and have kids, don't because you'll probably be crying for years.  I have it still in my bookshelf and I often think I should really read it again, and then realize how terrible it is and can't.  If you haven't read it and are still interested it is an amazing book, it's actually a series, of a boy named Dave, and all the torturing that his mother did to him when he was a child.  At 15/16 even I understood how horrible and mean those things were and I wasn't even looking at it as a mother to a child.  I could never imagine doing anything to harm Carter, actually it's the opposite and this mother was doing things to intentionally harm her son.  Anyway, after I read it, and all about how he had told everyone about what his mother was doing and no one would help him, I decided that I wanted to be a Social Worker, so for two years of high school I had decided that I was going to college to be a social worker, and then my senior year of high school I had to write a paper on being a social worker, since that's what I wanted to do.  AND that is exactly when I decided that it wasn't for me.  I read on and on about social workers working non stop, for little pay, and most times the abused child going back to the very parents that are abusing them, and I decided NO way!  I could do it, I knew that I wanted to have children of my own and wanted to do something to still make a difference in a child's life but not be so emotionally drained all the time.

That is when I decided that I wanted to be a teacher.  I got accepted to Fresno State University, and since I always wanted to go away to school, I jumped on the chance and was on my way to fresno, had I ever been there?  NOPE!  Did I know ONE person up there?  NOPE!  But oh well, I was ready to embark on a new adventure.  Actually the first time my mom and I went up there for orientation was the first time that I had even been to fresno.  AND IT WAS HOT!  I started school in the fall, and it was rough.  I immediately wanted to come home, because it wasn't as easy to make friends once I got there.  My roommate had a TON of friends from home there with her so she wasn't really interested in hanging out with me :(  I got through it though and slowly began to love it.  slowly.  very slowly actually until more then 1/2 way way through the school year I had every intention on moving back home, I was so lonely.  BUT I started meeting more people and doing more things, and having more fun, so I was loving it.  By the end of the school year I had meet lots of people and was moving into an apt the following year with two of my best friends.

I joined a sorority that next year, and when I think about college I can't help but think of all the crazy things that went on.  It was so much fun.  And I tell all of my younger cousins that's what they want to do.  Go away to school and have so much fun!!!

I graduated from college and didnt have anything to do, so my cousin asked me to live with her and help her take care of her kids, so for about 6 months I lived in Houston, Texas, and that is when I realized that I hated Texas, the weather is just terrible, coming from CA.  YUCK!

I ended up going back to school to get my teaching credential and that is exactly when the great state of california started laying off teachers, so that was amazing.  I was going to get my teaching credential and I realized that there was NO way I was going to find a job, so I immediately started looking for schools to start a masters program, and I did.  I started at Azusa Pacific University, before I was even done with my teaching credential.  In 2011 I graduate with my Master's in Educational Technology.  It was fun to see all my family at my graduation and so excited.

Let me back up a second and say, In 2008, while I was going to school to get my teaching credential, I started to talk to a very old friend of mine every single day, he was a truck driver and was currently driving cross country so me and him were chatting every day.  He soon came home and once he did we started hanging out.  This would be the first time since we were sixteen that BOTH of us were single at the same time, and he didn't waste any time kissing me!  You can read MOST of our love story, here and here and I just realized I NEED to finish our story :) but we started dating and in 2009 one year after we had started dating, he asked me to be his wife.  Ha who am I kidding, he asked me to marry him after we had been dating 2 months and I told him he was CRAZY!  and I needed a RING!  SO he waited a year and bought me an amazing ring!  :)

We planned a big wedding (I originally wanted to go to vegas, but decided that since this was going to be my only chance to ever wear a wedding dress and have the whole chibang I better do it right!)  Wedding planning was CRAZY!  And STRESSFUL!  But our day was amazing and beautiful and so worth it.  Our honeymoon got cancelled ONE week before our wedding too!  The boat we were supposed to be on had caught on fire the week before and oh well there went our honeymoon.  We ended up going to san diego for the week and we still had the best time.  I am truly so happy that I married my very best friend.

I was substitute teaching, and looking for jobs when I found one!  It was kinda far but totally worth it!  I started working at the next day found out I was pregnant!  Talk about crazy timing right?  Considering we had been trying to get pregnant for over a year!

8 months later, the love of our life Carter Jax was born!  That was 10 months ago, and I can't even believe how far our life has come.  I truly do thank god for blessing me with an AMAZING husband and baby and a GREAT life that I get to wake up in every single day.  Some days I can't believe what an amazing life has blessed me with.

P.S. that was probably wayyyy longer then it needed to be.  But if you stuck around to the end thank you!!!

NOW go check out Everyday Bays blog and link up for the 30 day challenge!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love your story! And loved learning more about you. So excited you are doing this challenge with me!

xo

Anonymous said...

(: so great!