Friday, February 1, 2013

Grateful

Tonight, the husband and I were watching old videos of us when we first started dating and as we were watching them it felt like just yesterday that all those things happen, when in reality it's been almost FIVE years since we first started dating...man on man time sure does fly by when you're having fun.
So of course while our baby sleeps and we talk and have remember all the fun things we did while we were dating, I can't help but sit here and think about how truly grateful I am.
Grateful, for all that has happened to me since me and the husband decided to become boyfriend and girlfriend.
Grateful, that he chose me to be his wife, forever and always.
Grateful, that I have truly married my BEST FRIEND, the person that I could talk to about ANYTHING always.  I mean I did just watch a video of me going on and on to him about being pissed because someone (I'm assuming my sister) bought the WRONG kind of doritos and the ones SHE bought weren't ON SALE she paid FULL price, and FOOD 4 LESS ALWAYS has Doritos on sale!  YES that really happened. 
Grateful, that although we aren't in the EXACT life position we would like to be, I mean it WOULD be wonderful if I had a teaching job lined up, OR we owned our OWN house, BUT we are in this life TOGETHER and more in love then I EVEN thought possible.
Grateful, that through our love that came after 7 years of friendship and our 5 years of dating, we have created this perfect human being...this tiny person that neither of us could love anymore.
And grateful, for all that god has given me, I mean I don't mean to brag (okay maybe I'm bragging just a little bit) BUT I truly love my life, and am thankful to god every single day for giving me such an amazing husband to spend such an amazing life with.
Happy Weekend Friends :)  Have a GREAT one! :D

1 comment:

Jasmyne! said...

Loved this, it's good to sit back and just reflect! You have tons to be grateful, happy for you and your husband and of course Mr.Carter ;)