Thursday, November 15, 2012

A love story-and then we met :)

Soooooooo if anyone has ever been to a job interview with the county of state you know that it takes foreverrrrrrrrrrrrr to get hired and it's usually a really really long process, so it was November 2011 and I was applying for a job with the county park!  I had an interview at a park by my house and they said we would take a test and then if we passed interview that same day.  They told us that we should prepare to be there for a couple of hours at least.  SO I went and took my test, once you were finished with your test you were to sit around and wait until they scored all the tests to tell you rather or not you would interview so while I did that I sat around and OF course being the 16 year old girl that I was PLUS I was bored, I began to look around for any potential cute guys....at first glance all I saw was a bunch of old dudes, or girls no one that looked cool (really) BUT then I spotted this one cute dude...he was all the way across the courtyard BUT I could tell he was cute I mean he had EXTRA baggy pants and in 2001 those were the BEST kind!  I could tell they came from Anchor Blue (is that place even around anymore?  or have they all turned into tillys?)  He was cute, and I was admiring him from a far while I waited Hey gave me something to look at while I was bored right?  AND then the cute dude had a visitor, you would thinkkkkkkkk I was going to say a girlfriend or something right?  NOPE this dude has his MOM there with him...so instantly I chuckled to myself laughing that this dude brought his mom with him to the interview (still makes me laugh a little bit) BUT not only was he with his mom BUT his mom also had a little girl with her!  thought to myself MUST be his little sister, and that made me laugh even more!

NOW

Fast forward to March/April 2002 (told you it took a long time to get hired) and I went to an interview at a park and to my surprise I got the job!  I was so excited my first job!  AND it was at a pretty good place getting paid pretty good!  So I was to attend orientation in a couple of weeks.

Orientation came and I went in to the orientation and they put me in a room to wait for orientation to start, and who happens to be in the room ALSO at orientation??  The dude I had saw MONTHS ago at the interview, with his MOM!  :D  I sat down and started trying to make conversation with him (I mean, I DID still think he was cute) I asked him all the basic questions,

What school do you go to?  Pioneer?  Where's that?  Whittier?  That's FAR!

how old are you?  17?  Oh so you're a junior too?  Sophomore?  huh?  when's your bday?  march?  I don't get it...ohhhh you took 3rd grade twice?!  (insert trying not to laugh TOO hard at cute boy)

Do you play sports?  How'd you get the job here? etc. you know just being as noisy as possible.

We went through orientation that day and we became friends!  That entire summer we were good friends, we worked together and had the BEST SUMMER ever!  I mean if you're a teenager and you get paid to hang out with a whole bunch of other kids your age you're more then likely gonna love it!  I mean we got paid to hang out inside a booth charge entrance and then hang out inside the air conditioning for hours on end!  We talked and talked made fun of each other, etc.  WE even played frisbee hit a car on accident and got yelled at by the owner of the car for MESSING up his car, really dude?  OUR frisbee is three inches long, I doubt it's gonna mess up your HUGE truck!  I even gave him rides home a couple of times, since he lived in whittier oh and his parents picked him up I would offer to take him home, I mean since I had a car and all!  He hung out with me and my friends we went to the mall, spent days doing teenage things which one day included picking a friend up from the airport with 6 people in the van just so EVERYONE could be there for the arrival of our friend!  Went out to eat, etc.  we had really became pretty good friends!  AND secretly I wished I worked with him EVERYDAY :)  I didn't BUT I sure wished he would be the one to break me, or be the one to be at my station that day THOSE WERE MY FAVORITE days :)

 Since we worked at a park we only worked during the summer months and once summer was over I didn't see much of him...but I went back to school and so did he OH AND BY THIS TIME my FUTURE husband had started hooking up with MY BEST FRIEND!

No comments: