Wednesday, November 14, 2012

An anniversary story

FINALLY!

I had all these plans to make a HUGE deal on my blog about telling the husband & I's love story!  BECAUSE it's pretty good :) (if I do say so myself) and I wanted it to run the week of our anniversary!  YAY!  AND THEN I had a baby and kinda dropped off the face of the blogging planet because I don't feel like I have enough hours in the day to do everything that I want or need to get done sooooo our love story starts TODAY!

FIRST let me get this out!!

Happy Anniversary (yesterday) the the LOVE of my life!  I mean really?  Has it been two years already??  I feel like our wedding just happened a couple of months ago!

if you are my friend on IG then you would have seen this post yesterday!
I couldn't explain it any other way then to explain that I am truly grateful every single day for this man, he truly is my heart and soul and today I love him more then I did the day that we got married!  He's an amazing husband and an amazing father!

We kept talking about how ONE year ago we were on a boat on our way to mexico!  and TWO years ago I was waiting for him at the church while I saw my dad pace back and forth thinking (at least I think) that the husband might not show up!  (will be inside love story) and here we are two years later with a brand new baby and we couldn't be more happy :)

this anniversary was a lot more low key, I slept in while the husband went to a dentist appt...actually does it count as sleeping in when you don't go to sleep until after three because your baby thinks that's an acceptable bed time?  well anyway the baby and I KINDA slept in and while he went to his dentist appt and when he came back he had brought us lunch!  WOO HOO and then what does he pop out?
this B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L ring that is opal (baby Carter's birthstone).  I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!  Told you he's the sweetest husband EVER!  P.S. can you tell the husband likes when stones are surrounded by other jewels?  this ring looks ALMOST like my wedding ring right?  just smaller?  WELL he also brought me tiny cookies from mrs fields and some chocolate covered strawberries!  LOVE LOVE LOVE!

We hung out all day just relaxing (kinda felt like a sunday) and then we headed to the store to get some stuff to make dinner at home, we didn't want to chance going out to dinner and baby carter being fussy so we bought stuff for steaks!  YUMMMM and we made dinner together...we had some steaks with blue cheese topping!  It KINDA looked like this without the parsley (or whatever is that green stuff)
source
All I did was cook the steak like regular and then grabbed some butter and mixed it with LOTS of bleu cheese, and then when the steaks were ALMOST done you spread the butter/bleu cheese mixture on top of the steak and put it back in the oven for 30 seconds to 1 minute!  IT was sooooo good!!  OMG!  We did NOT miss going out to dinner ONE bit!  Plus we had some garlic bread, baked potatoes and green beans :)  I should have taken pictures BUT I'm the worst at taking pictures in the moment!  ESPECIALLY with food because I think I get too excited to eat it already!  In all we had a very low key anniversary dinner but it was amazing!  :)

Happy anniversary husband!  Can't wait to see what the rest of our life has in store for us :)

LOVEEEEEEEEEEE you! :D

No comments: