Friday, November 30, 2012

Month 1 Necessities!!

I can't tell you enough how thankful I am for blogging because I was able to find out soooo much stuff that I needed for baby that I had NO idea I needed or wanted!  When I was looking at baby stuff I had NO idea what I needed AT all, I had no idea where to even start!  Sooooooo I thought I'd share with you some of the stuff that has made our last month run a little smoother :)

For Baby
Sleep n' Play pajamas-I don't think I could possibly have enough of these for all of the time that he spends in them!  I LOVE them, and I didn't realize that of ALL the clothes we got for his baby shower(s) we only received 1 pack of 2 of these!  I had to buy so many more, which is fine because I found some super cute ones at Target!  I love that they are cool enough for him to sleep in, all those fleece although super cute are just too hot for him AND they are nice enough that I don't feel like a terrible mom for letting him stay in them all day the next day if we have nothing to do...they're called sleep n play for a reason!  :)

Aden & Adain Swaddlers-I had saw these on a couple of different blogs and OMG are they AMAZING!!!  Every single day I tell the husband that I'm so glad we invested in these, when you see the package at $40, it kinda seems dumb for something so thin BUT invest in these, I seriously use them for EVERYTHING!!  He gets swaddled in them, burp clothes, covers for his car seat when we go to stores and I don't want people looking at him (yes sometimes I'm that mom, it's flu season I would die if he got sick), I even use them to cover myself when I'm nursing and people are over I LOVE THEM!!  P.S. they're super soft and come in LOTS of different designs and all are SUPER cute!

Onesies-of course everyone has these, I LOVE the Carter brand ones they're thick and come in LOTS of different designs PLUS I got all of his on sale at the Carter's store when everything was 50% off PLUS had an additional coupon for ANOTHER 20% off woot woot!  I also like them because they're bigger size so I know they'll fit the little monster a little longer, his nb ones still fit really good.

Huggies Little Snugglers-When we were in the hospital they gave us Pampers to use, and we got LOTS of Pampers as baby shower gifts, so we were using them first, then I opened up the one package of Huggies that we received and fell IN LOVE with them!  In the back it is something almost like elastic that goes across the babies back it makes it feel like they are soooooo sturdy and really fit the baby!  PLUS of course they have the yellow pee line, and they have winnie the pooh on them which is super cute too.

Boppy with a cute cover-okay, maybe the cute cover is not absolutely necessary BUT it does make it that much better.  I didn't realize that we would use this pillow so much until we had it.  Actually I didn't even realized I used it so much until I started thinking about what have been necessities this month AND we use this SO much!  It's amazing with nursing and now that he's bigger it's good for him to use to sit up with or even lay in.  I LOVE it, and I got the CUTEST cover on Etsy from Valerie, she was amazing and everything was completely customizable :)


For Mom
Baby Connect-I had searched for an app that would keep track of nursing times, times he slept, pooped, dr appts, etc. I tried the free ones, but I wanted to know averages and stuff and none of those offered that.  UNTIL I read on a blog about this app!  It was kinda expensive I think it was like $5 BUT it's AMAZING!!  It has been so helpful Really, I will feel like the baby has been asleep for HOURS and then I look at the app and it tells me he's only been asleep for 30 minutes, AND when you first get home from the hospital TRUST ME your brain will NOT work AT ALL, or at least mine didn't so it's really helpful to keep track of everything with this app.  Oh and the other thing good about this app is that you can download it on other devices (like the husbands or even a nannies) and they can keep track of things when they're watching the baby, I use the husband's phone when mine dies at night and it makes it so easy!  I LOVE IT!

Starbucks-Okay, Okay soooo MAYBE I was obsessed with this before the baby came BUT I am SUPER obsessed now, whenever Baby Carter & I do go outside to run errands I grab a pumpkin spice, I love them!  AND to be honest I'm not just obsessed with Starbucks in coffee in general and as a new parent you need at least a cup a day, sometimes more when the new baby is confused as to what is day and what is night like baby Carter sometimes is.  P.S. if you go to Starbucks as much as me, MAKE sure you join the rewards club, FREE drink every 12 drinks you buy PLUS free drink for your bday AND you can pay for your coffee via your phone, NO need to carry a wallet!  LOVE!!

iPhone-OF course I need my phone to use the app, BUT mostly I use my phone to take RIDICULOUS amounts of pictures of the baby (I've already had to go through it a couple of times and delete stuff I don't need to make room for more pictures, I NEED A 64), I mean really I've tried using the camera BUT it's such a hassle and it's so much easier to keep your phone on you, PLUS when you take pictures with a camera it's way harder to share your pictures on IG and really that's my favorite pass time right now LOVE IG (if you don't follow me, make sure you do OVER THERE -------->)

Nursing Bra-ugh when I first had the baby I had ONE nursing bra/shirt and I soon realized that I couldn't wear this EVERY day.  So we went out and bought some more, BUT it was amazing as to how much you need these, I seriously thought at one point I didn't need any (man was I wrong).  I tried wearing a regular bra the other day because all my nursing ones were dirty (being lazy and not washing) and it was SOOOO uncomfortable!  P.S. you'll need a couple I was surprised at how dirty they get, YOU WILL LEAK!

Nursing Pads-Like I just said, you will leak, I didn't think it would happen that much BUT nope, it does and the first time it happened I couldn't stop laughing because out of no where my whole shirt was SOAKED!!  I tried a couple of different nursing pads, most were samples I've gotten when we registered for the baby, and I tried the reusable ones BUT I love these Tommee Tippee ones!!  They're really absorbant and I tried the J&J ones and they leave cotton behind which gets in the babies mouth YUCK!

Water Bottle-When you are nursing you are supposed to drink RIDICULOUS amounts of water, well I make sure to drink at least 1/2 to 1 whole bottle of water after each nursing session because I don't want to get dehydrated, and after a long nursing session I seriously feel like I just ran a mile I'm so thirsty!  I got a set of contigo water bottles for less then $20 at Costco and they work amazing you can use it with one hand so you can drink while nursing.

No comments: