Thursday, January 17, 2013

A Birth Story-Part 2

They told us that they were really crowded sooooo although I was having contractions pretty often they asked me to wait while they got a room ready to check and see how far along I was. I think the ladies in L&D thought I was going to get sent home, because I wasn't acting like I was in major pain, and I mean I was in pain BUT from what other ladies have told me it usually is EXCRUCIATING pain that you can not even walk...I was able to walk into labor & delivery AND when just had to stop when I got contractions...so when we walked up I could tell the nurse probably thought I was going to get sent home, because LOTS of times they said in our l&d classes "a nurse can tell if you're going to be admitted into L&D by how you walk in, if you are walking and talking fine, you probably aren't going to get admitted" BUT I knew that I was having contractions even if they weren't what everyone told me they would be.  I felt like since I wasn't what most girls are, they were taking extra long to check me, because they were just so ehhh she's not gonna get admitted she's probably a 2.  I was soooo nervous while I waited for them to check me...I just kept thinking that 1.  I wouldn't be far along and would get sent home (even though I didn't FEEL like I wasn't dilating) and 2.  That I would be too far along AND that I would not be able to get an epidural that seriously was my BIGGEST fear probably for a while...I was soooo scared!
Sooooo after what felt like FOREVER even though I'm positive it was probably only like 15 minutes they finally came in to check me and they said I was a 6-7!  I was so excited!  That meant I would NOT have to go home!  YAY!!  the midwife confirmed that I would be admitted and that we would have a baby that day!  Since it was 6 am now!  We immediately called my mom and text other people letting them know a baby would be born that day, or at least we had hoped we would have a baby that day :)

Soooo we stood in the in-between room for a little while probably about an hour and I kept thinking OH my god what if I'm one of those ladies that dilates SUPER fast and it goes fast, my contractions were coming every minute to minute in a half now, and were hurting way more!  They finally put me in a room a little while later, and then checked me again I was definite 7 now and on my way to 8.  I couldn't believe it!  In this little bit of time, my grandma had showed up and she was super excited to meet her 13th grand child!  :D  I immediately asked for an epidural, and they came in a little while later maybe 20 minutes and told the husband and my grandma that they needed to leave while the epidural was being put in.  the anesthesiologist finally came in and the husband and my grandma left, I was super nervous for this part, I was nervous to move and not be tense when I had a contraction.  I remember feeling so nervous, they lifted the bed (did you know those bed go as high as the sky?)  it lifted ridiculously HIGH!  so then i started freaking out thinking omg what if I pass out and fall off?!?!  -.-

BUT before I knew it, it was ALL over!  YEP I felt one little cold pinch and then nothing!  done!  I know I couldn't believe it either!  from then on it was smooth sailing well at least I felt like it, I was so much more comfortable then I had been only a few minutes before, AND the part I was MOST scared about was OVER!  YAY!  SO, after they finished the husband and my gma came back in and we were just hanging out.

2 comments:

Jasmyne! said...

Ahhhh the anticipation!! I love birth stories...part 3 please!! :)

Jamie said...

I love birth stories!