Monday, January 21, 2013

Meet Jasmyne


Hi guys, I’m Jasmyne and I blog over at A Fisher’s Wife about all things wifey and mommy in nature…the wonderfully good and the horribly bad! I’m so happy Jade has let me take over for the day, we were pregnant at the same time, shared our experiences and now here we watching our two little men grow up “together” virtually…it’s been TONS of fun.



Since becoming a mommy my heart has experienced a love I could only dream of, I never imagined I could love someone as much as I love my son, I really couldn't imagine life without him. To be honest, the first few months I was so involved with Izzy (my son) I forgot about my husband completely, forgot to do the little things, so I wanted to share with you guys on little things to do during and after baby.

1. "I Love You"
Amazing how when you get so busy you can go ALL day without even saying it, which I found myself doing, for weeks end, the lack of sleep was hard for me, I couldn't think straight and my days seemed to run over. Once I realized what I wasn't doing, I told my husband ALL the time how much I loved him that he began to worry, better too much than none at all.

2. Date Night
This is good after you have healed completely and don't look like death...all you mommies know exactly what I am talking about. When family offered to watch Izzy at first we would decline in fear that no one would watch him like we could, I mean we are his parents. As time went on we realized we needed time to ourselves whether it was going grocery shopping, yes this is considered a date for us, going out to eat, going shopping...you have to make time for one another at ALL times.

3. Laugh
Laughing got us through the hardest of times, times where Izzy would cry for hours on end and those times where we had to make critical decisions for our family. Laughter is always good no matter what the circumstance but after having a baby and especially after having your first, find ways to laugh with your spouse, it alleviates so much stress and will bring the two of you closer together.

4. Talk
It seems like a simple one, but when I say "talk" I mean really talk, especially for us moms...I found myself slipping away and coming detached from the world a bit and forgot that I had my best friend right beside me the entire time. I did not suffer from Postpartum Depression and I attribute a lot of that to talking with my husband about any and everything! Talking not only kept us connected but also allowed us to go down memory lane and remember little things like how we first started dating, our wedding day or the day we found out we we pregnant.

5. Be Romantic
I think this says it all, it's not only important for the husband to be romantic but also the wife. Little things like candlelight dinner at home, just because kisses/hugs, flowers, chocolates and intimate time keeps the relationship fresh and reminds you both why you got married in the first place!

Thanks for reading guys, until next time! Have a wonderful day!

No comments: