Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Lucky # 13

So this weekend I was talking to my grandma AND showing her this picture

just the four of us
my cousin had posted it the other day, found it when she was going through her stuff at home.

you see, when we started it was just the FOUR of us, and look @ how cute we were :)  
I mean really super cute!  
(don't pay attention to the fact that NONE of us are looking at the camera) well besides me & the gramps

so it was the four of us for what felt like forever, I guess it really was only five and a 1/2 years or so but when I'm 4 years older then my sister that means that from me to my sister 4 years, there were four of us, and then NOT another grand kid for five and a 1/2 years after that!  So the four of us became SUPER close, especially because even after they had another baby the four of us went to school together still and spent the ENTIRE summer with our grandma! :D  it was the BEST way to grow up by FAR!
all TWELVE of us!
Since we grew up so close being bound by my grandma & grandpa's love I have always been close to my cousins, we don't go a couple of weeks without talking or seeing each other, and you better believe we NEVER miss a birthday party or event without a REALLY REALLY good reason to miss, because we truly look forward to seeing each other and love being around each other.

So, what leads me to LUCKY NUMBER 13, well I have mentioned before on here that I LOVE the number 13 now, it reminds me of my Grandpa and it just makes me happy :)  We picked our wedding date on that day on PURPOSE...and if Carter comes ONE week & ONE day early his bday will be on the 13th, and really my bday is 31 so backwards it's 13 right?  :)  Well I was showing my grandma the picture of just the four of us and I realized that we have grown so much and it's amazing that when we were a tiny family all of us would fit inside her little house no problem!  Actually we felt like it was BIG!  Before my grandpa passed away he added a HUGE den/living room onto their house which made the old living room turn into the dining room and made the new room a HUGE living room!  I can't imagine all of us fitting inside of my grandma's old house it would have been entirely too tiny!  My grandpa knew we were going to be expanding and made sure that we had room to grow in his tiny house :)

Well now I counted, there are EIGHT grand kids now and FOUR great grand kids!  Which equals TWELVE grand kids in total for my grandma and it's amazing that,
Baby Carter will be lucky NUMBER 13 :D 
LOVE LOVE LOVE!

Can't wait for him to join this amazing family and have all 11 cousins to play with and love on him he is going LOVE it as much as I do!

1 comment:

Jasmyne! said...

What a lucky baby and number, that's my fav number also! Love you come from a big family so much more fun and memories!

I just nominated you for the Blogger Liebster award, head on over and check it out! :)

xoxo
Jasmyne
http://afisherswife.blogspot.com/2012/08/awards.html