Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Happy Labor Day!

Does anyone know the meaning of Labor Day???  I sure didn't...I always thought of it as the holiday that officially meant summer was OVER...even though TECHNICALLY summer isn't over until September 21st!  I mean really, doesn't everyone think of Summer as the BEGINNING of June to the BEGINNING of September, once you pass Labor day everyone is into Fall mode and starts getting excited for Halloweeeeeeeeeeeeen!  

BUT I'm going off on a tangent the meaning of Labor Day is "A public holiday or day of festivities held in honor of working people, in the US and Canada on the first Monday in September, in many countries on May 1." 

So we are honoring all of us WORKERS! :D  I remember thinking that when I was younger Labor Day meant all ladies that have gone through labor :)  (funny how kids brains work right?) ANYWAY sooo now that you know what labor day stands for, in case you didn't already know, I'll tell you a little bit about my FUN FILLED weekend!!

Friday
I had the day off because I had to take a test to get licensed to sell insurance in CA (trying to find a way to make a little extra money once Carter comes) and TADA I passed!  YES!  I was super excited, especially because I had taken the practice test the day before and FAILED miserably!  :l  BUT I passed and was super excited!  I then went to hang out with my AMAZING gma who I hardly get to see anymore and then had a Dr Appt, once I was done with my literally FIVE minute appointment I went to get my nails done by my LOVELY cousin who painted them nice and blue for the baby shower she said :)  BLUE OMBRE to be specific :D  I usually don't like blue nail polish but I LOVE the way they came out!
I picked up the puppies and we had to head home we had left them at my parents house to run around during the day while I was running errands!
sometimes, they do love each other promise!
When I got home we had this package waiting for us!  ALWAYS makes me laugh when UPS does this!!
you TOTALLY can't see the package right?
We also went out to dinner with our friends who we haven't seen in what felt like FOREVER!  By time we were done with dinner (after midnight) we were beyond tired since we had waken up at 5 am to study for my test!

Saturday
the husband had set to start painting the crib and changing table, while I had decided I wanted to make a SUPER cute banner for the baby shower this Saturday!  I saw this one, and KNEW that no one could make it like I could, I know that sounds so ridiculous, but when it comes to crafts I feel like I'd rather just do it alone!  
source
My inspiration, (well actually I found it in girl version, and did NOT know it was made of felt, BUT it's still sooooooo cute!) and I didn't want it to say JUST baby Boy So I decided on Baby Carter!  and I didn't think a HEART really matched the theme of my baby shower so I did a dinosaur! and here it is!
don't mind the dark light, but it was NIGHT TIME and I haven't taken another pic
I LOVE IT!
I made it out of Cardstock and each of the onesies is made out of a textured paper that has little dots and it looks so cute!  I added a gray squiggly (I know thats NOT the word) circle and just a regular circle for the inside!  PLUS the Marker Felt font in my MacBook.  (not positive that font came with my computer but I AM positive that it was free)  Once I finished making this I was wondering what happened to the Husband since he SWORE it would only take him 2 hours (THE MOST) to paint both the crib and the changing table and he left @ 2 and it was now NINE!
even the puppies were waiting for him (don't mind the shoes)
He was still painting and would have to finish the next day!  AND GET THIS he actually admitted that he was wrong and it took way longer then he originally thought WIFE-1 HUSBAND-0!  He finally got home and we were super tired, I finished washing laundry and we went to bed!

Sunday 
I went to get a pedicure, with the little sister in law really does any pregnant lady do her own toes??  If so I have NO idea how, I can BARELY still shave my legs!  It was nice, but it always makes me laugh when you go get your nails or toes done and the ladies ALWAYS want to sell you MORE then you need they so remind me of the mechanics @ Jiffy Lube!  Oh well you REALLY need this!  Those ladies offered me EVERYTHING for my toes, including an EXTRA massage, I couldn't help but laugh because I kept saying "No thank you, I'm okay" I must have sounded like a BROKEN record!  AND then the lady noticed that my nails were already DONE, have you ever gotten your toes done after you already had your nails done?  The ladies do NOT like it ONE bit!  She immediately started asking me LOTS of questions about where I got them, how much they cost, etc.  So after being drilled with ONE MILLION questions I kept reading my US Weekly!  She said, Oh okay, want to do them again?  I said no, I just got them done!  She said ohhhh you did?  Ummm ya and they're gel you just asked me that they'll last at LEAST two weeks!  Couldn't help but laugh at how many extras she had tried me to buy, if I would have bought all of them my $15 pedicure probably would have turned into $60!  No JOKE!  Probably MORE!  

Carter's was having a HUGE sale EVERYTHING was 50% off PLUS they sent me a coupon for ANOTHER 20% off!  I was super excited because I LOVEEEEEEEE their onesies so we stopped and picked up ohhhhh just about 7 multipacks all different sizes and I'm in LOVE!

We had a party for the Husband's aunt to go to later that night so that was fun!
this is probably the only time I got out of my seat and it was only because we were leaving, it was HOT!
and can you see the finger in the picture?  I swear it makes me laugh!  We then went to get some Krispy Kreme donuts!  OMG so good!!!  I can't believe it had been so long since I last ate them!

Monday
The husband had to go FINISH the painting that had now taken THREE whole days!  and I stood home to clean the house!  VERY SLOWLY but I did manage to get a lot clean!  AND I put away a LOT of our clothes, I mean that alone is a HUGE milestone!  AND then I took a TWO & a HALF HOUR nap, hey everyone's been asking me if I nap, and on this day I did!  Then we had to go grocery shopping, we literally didn't even have the food everyone always has, like Top Ramen!  I know terrible, so we were off, and ONCE we finished shopping we went and picked up this bad boy!!  AND I can safely say that I'm IN LOVE!!!  I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the way that it came out!!  Sooooooo much cuter then the cherry wood for sure!  AND so much more boyish!  I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!  Can't say how much I love it enough :)
the Husband did a pretty good job right?
AND thank you to everyone that commented on THIS post, after LOTS and LOTS of google searching all posts that I read said that paint is Okay as long as you apply a poly top coat!  So that's exactly what we did, AND if our little one does turn into a wood eating machine and decide that he wants to eat his way out of his crib then we will buy one of those plastic rail guards!  And I am going to stop stressing about it, the crib looks AMAZING!  And I can't wait for his room to be complete!  AND I already forgot to take a picture of the mess that we already got rid of, BUT I will take some pics of what it looks like right now (still a mess) and again once it's completely finished EEK not too long from now!  Can't wait!

Okay, this is probably the LONGEST post in the WORLD!  BUT I hope ALL of you had a WONDERFUL labor day weekend!  Who's as excited for Fall as I am???  As far as I can tell from my Instagram & FB everyone is SUPER excited about Pumpkin Spice Lattes being back!  I'll be excited once it cools down enough for me to have one, since this weekend it's supposed to be....
ohhhhhhh god I'm glad my dad is making a cover to keep everyone from the sun!

1 comment:

Alicia Marie said...

Great post! You did an amazing job on the banner for your shower, it came out perfect! And I plan on getting the biggest iced pumpkin latte today after work!!!! We had a power outage and are just working on generators, but NO AC!! AHHHHH I'm dripping all over, baby is not having fun either. :(