Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Weekend Wrap-up (three days late, so what!)

Sooooo why did it feel like my weekend ZOOMED by??  :l  It's terrible really, I mean it didn't even feel like I had a day off!  BUT it was so much fun!!  Like I told you, we had our 1st Baby Shower this weekend!!  We had amazing time!!  It was so much fun!  BUT oh so HOT!!

On Friday when I got home, I found this at my door!!
sorry so blurry, my phone has been acting dumb
What is it you ask??  Well a couple of weeks ago the Husband won a contest on Instagram and they told him he won a semesters worth of Red Bull, so when I got home I couldn't believe 3 boxes, hmmm 3 cases?  
NOPE SIX!!  We definitely have enough Red Bull to last us a while!  I'm just excited because the husband drinks these things like they're going to sell out of them, and it seriously disrupts our budget!!  BUT thanks to this prize, we should be saving a little bit in our weekly Red Bull purchases! 

On Saturday was the baby shower, and like I said it was RIDICULOUSLY hot!!  Like DISGUSTINGLY hot!  SO gross!  BUT so fun!  Lots of people helped out with the food and we had a SUPER cute dessert bar!  (I'll have to get the pictures off my camera and post them, because SURPRISINGLY I did take some)

We did of COURSE play the chugging beer from a baby cup game!  and it was wayyyyy too funny that my father-in-law won! 
We had asked everyone to bring a book instead of a card and it was SERIOUSLY the BEST idea EVER!!!  Baby Carter received SOOO many books!!  :D
Can't wait to put up a bookshelf!
They are all different types too, some for bigger kids, some for babies, some that could EVEN be used in the bathtub!  So cute!!  I am so thankful for all of the books, can't wait to read them to him! :)

BUT my favorite book that we received was from my Aunt, she was working out of town this weekend so couldn't make it so she FaceTimed while she was in Canada to give me the book, and immediately my eyes started to water (as if my makeup wasn't messed up ENOUGH from being hot and sweaty all day?) 
I've mentioned a couple of times on this blog that my grandpa passed WOW, doesn't feel like three years ago, but yes, three years ago, and I often get sad thinking that he will never get to meet Baby Carter, and Carter will never get to meet my funny grandpa :(  So my aunt gave him this book, right away I wanted to cry just because I knew the book was going to be cute!  BUT THEN!  I opened it and what was inside??
On ALMOST every page she put a picture of my Dad or my grandpa doing something that went with the line in the book, to take the place of the picture that was in the book already!!  SUCH A GREAT IDEA!!!  The line says "I love Grandpa because, he does a good deed every day."  and this is a picture of my parents and I at March of Dimes (the walk we participate in as a family every single year.)  So cute, and I can't wait to glue down all the pictures and add more where she didn't get to finish.  AND I can't WAIT to read it to baby Carter so he can KNOW my grandpa even if he never got to know him :)

On Sunday we got to look at all the stuff that we received and actually go through everything!

This is what Carter's room looked like the morning after his baby shower 
(don't worry it's a little cleaner now)
and this was just the little stuff
We also got ALL of these!!  So thankful!! 
 And LOTS of Clothes!!
still ALL need to be washed and hung again, BUT so cute!
This one is my FAVORITE!!!
a baby robe?  really?  so cute!  (sorry my photos are so pix-elated dumb lighting in the room)
terrible picture, it's so dark in my house :l
We also received this BAD BOY!  and this is probably the gift that I was MOST excited about!!  
I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!  And it was the thing we MOST needed considering we need a car seat to bring our sweet baby boy home in :)

After admiring all the CUTE stuff we got from the Baby Shower we headed to the Aquarium of the Pacific for the Husband's god daughters bday party!
the husband looking at the fishes :)
BIG pregger belly!!  :l
I literally was sitting down EVERY single time that I could while we were there, I guess since being on my feet the entire day before was NOT such a good idea when we were gonna be walking the entire next day!  But it was lots of fun, and still so hot!  Good thing about 1/2 of it was inside the air conditioned building!

After we walked around all day and looked at LOTS of fishes & sea animals we were STARVING so of course we looked up the CLOSEST restaurants that we KNEW wouldn't cost us an arm & a leg was hooters, and my aunt and cousin had never actually been there (even though they were against it in the beginning, I'm sure from the things they'd heard about it) we went, and we celebrated a 2 year olds bday @ Hooters! :D
and the Birthday Girl was sleeping!
Heck!  I would have been too, IF I could have!

We ordered lots of food and it was DELICIOUS!!  Especially the fried pickles!!  Seriously!  If you haven't tried them from there, they're amazing!  Actually I've never had them from anywhere else BUT they are good for an appetizer there, PLUS curly fries with cheese (those two things PROBABLY the only reason I go there)

The B-Day girl FINALLY woke up and we finally were able to start the party!  The Hooters girls sang to her their OWN rendition of the hokey pokey!  It was hilarious because the WHOLE time she sat there staring at them eating her sour octopus! :D
We had wayyyyy too much fun at Hooters and drinking wayyyyyy too much that we had to walk off our food on the harbor :)
You can see the Queen Mary
AND we had to stop and take funny pictures! :D
AND then we were on our way home, and we STILL hadn't sung "Happy Birthday", so we did!
AND she LOVED it!!  YES I know!! I told her Mom to put only 2 candles, but she said she NEEDED them ALL!  I realized this day though that there's a reason you only get however many candles on your cake as you are in years, because it took about 2 minutes for her to blow out all the candles!!
BUT then she got to BITE the cake!!!  At first she looked at us CRAZY!!?  Like what??!  I could actually BITE the whole cake???  Once it was confirmed she JUMPED right in!  And man that cake was DELICIOUS!

We had so much fun, this weekend, and I can't believe it's already the END of Wednesday which means ONLY two more days of work well a day and a 1/2 because I'm out early on Friday, and then it's the weekend ALL over again!  LOVE weekends!!!  BUT, really...who doesn't right?

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Love love love the bump! That's hilarious about all the red bull and my grandparents are so important to me. I'm so sorry for the loss of your sweet grandpa.