Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Some funny things about being preggers!

Soooo I know I still have a couple more weeks, BUT I wanted to share with you some things that have SURPRISED me since finding out I was preggers, not only surprised but also things that other people "forgot" to mention!

-no matter what your preference is once they tell you what your baby is, you will be BEYOND excited!  
I ALWAYS wanted a daughter, I longed for the husband to have a daddy's girl, I wanted to laugh at how wrapped around her finger he would become, and I wanted a room of pink and animal print!  I had it all planned out!  BUT now, now I can NOT imagine being pregnant with a girl!  I am so excited for a boy!  I can't wait to play with trucks, and cars, and lets face it, BOY toys are wayyyyyyy cooler!! :)  Even the husband is excited now, we talk about what sports we're going to put him in and all the stuff that we can't wait for him to do!  Trust me once you find out, after the initial shock, you'll be excited!
-you NEED maternity clothes
I had LOTS and LOTS of people tell me, "Oh don't buy maternity clothes!  they're ugly and you'll NEVER wear them again, such a waste of money"  Ummm I don't know how those people didn't wear maternity clothes, they are the MOST comfortable clothes that I have EVER worn in my WHOLE LIFE!  Seriously, so comfy!  AND I mean you CAN buy some clothes that are MUCH bigger then your regular clothes that will fit while you're preggers BUT you'll be sad because your size went up so much :(  in maternity clothes you can still wear the same size you were in BEFORE you started growing a basketball under your shirt!
-you MIGHT not get any cravings, and EVERYONE will ask you about it
I haven't really had any ridiculous cravings, and usually that's the very first question that everyone will ask you, "OMG!  what are you craving?  anything crazy?"  I haven't had anything, AT ALL, I mean I do have a couple months left, BUT so far the only thing that I crave are things that are normal, french fries (even though I NEVER feel like I NEED them RIGHT NOW) ice cream, OR cookies, don't worry I try to limit myself to ONCE a day craving, because clearly this
source
-EVERYONE will have an opinion about your baby
literally!  EVERY SINGLE person that you HAPPEN to run into while you are carrying a baby will have an opinion about EVERY SINGLE THING that is going on in your pregnancy!  "ohhh you've gained a lot of weight" "ohhh you are really going to name your baby that?" "on your going to spell their name like that?"  "why that theme for his room?"  "you're having your baby at what hospital?  Why?"  "you are going to breastfeed?  you aren't?" "you shouldn't wear heels" "you shouldn't carry ANYTHING AT ALL" it's kinda funny at first, and then it will get kinda annoying, AND then you're pregnancy hormones are really going to kick in and you're going to want to punch said people in the face!  :)  Don't worry you won't actually do it.
source
-People will ask you about your baby A LOT!
its cute, actually I never really thought that it would be such a conversation started.  BUT people are really interested in babies, they want to know everything about the baby, is it a boy?  or girl?  what is his/her name going to be?  Is it your first baby?  Are you still working?
source
-your body will do things that don't seem possible!
I mean really, you will look at your stomach and think, "how can this stomach possibly fit a 5/6 lb baby in it, with 5 more weeks to go??  really?  how is it possible?  Oh and how is it possible that your stomach can move like a CRAZY cat got inside there!  Or alien?  I mean really...it will feel so different then ANYTHING that you will ever feel.
source
-You will think to yourself, "Now please, tell me how those ladies didn't know they were pregnant?"
I mean really?  How??  To me, does NOT seem possible AT ALL!  They are either the LUCKIEST women on the planet, OR the dumbest women on the planet, you decide my friends.
source
-You could NOT imagine what Michelle Duggars life is like
I mean really?  Being pregnant with NINETEEN kids, I can't imagine!
source
-Everyone will ask you how you feel
it's really a nice gesture, it really is and you'll feel good when someone asks you, but you'll really just want to tell them all about how your feet hurt, you can't sleep, you feel stuffed, your back hurts, you have to pee every hour on the hour even when you're sleeping, you're bigger then you've ever been in your whole life, etc. but instead, you'll say "feeling okay..." because you don't want to complain about growing a miracle inside that BIG belly :)
-Other ladies with kids will tell you ALL about the pain that you will feel, and that it is the worst pain EVER, BUT in the same breathe say "Just make sure to relax"
really?  yes this does happen, and yes being someone that was NEVER pregnant before it will freak you out for what is to come, i just try not to think about it too much.
-You'll probably cry
and over the dumbest things when you look back at it.  In the beginning I cried all the time, it was pretty ridiculous, the husband could just look at me weird, and I'd start crying
source
-Your husband, no matter how much he tries, will NEVER full understand what it feels like
with anything, being big, getting swollen feet, feeling sick, and if your husband is anything like mine, he'll probably look at you like you're exaggerating when you try to get out of bed and struggling, actually at first he thought I was kidding, no husband I wish i was, that is actual struggle you see here!
source

1 comment: