Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Baby Laines-The Day I Found Out I was Pregnant! :D

You see me & the husband had always talked about wanting kids, we always said that once we got married we were gonna be a legit mexican couple and just see what happened!  Sooooo when our year anniversary came and went we started to think that maybe things weren't just gonna happen...BUT we continued living our lives and figured EVENTUALLY it would happen, and if we were in a super amazing place with jobs, houses, cars, etc. we would figure it out then.  WELL I still thought about it, thought about why we hadn't been pregnant yet, and why?  BUT we were just living life, and enjoying our time together JUST THE TWO of us! :D

on February 22nd that I didn't feel so good.  I didn't know why, but I just didn't feel "right" something was up, and I immediately thought hmmm..could it be?  BUT I brushed it off and said "No, and if it is, I'll test in the morning" since thats when they said is best any way right?  So, next thing bright and early I thought, Oh ya!  I want to test, just to make sure!

Well I did and I brushed my teeth while waiting thinking OF COURSE it was going to say "Not Pregnant" but then I finished brushing my teeth & what did I see?!?!

(I have tried several times to post the pictures of the test, of course for show, but OF course stupid blogger won't let me!  I have tried to do it several different ways and NOPE doesn't work!  SOOOO doesn't look like you guys are going to be able to see it!  BUT imagine my hand with cut painted nails holding a test that says PREGNANT!) :D
I couldn't believe it!  I literally stood there shocked!  I really didn't think that it was real, I think I stood there for a few minutes staring at the test (even though it was probably only a couple of seconds it felt like forever) and I ran to the room because I knew there was NO way that I would be able to keep this a secret for any amount of time from the husband!  He was sound asleep in bed, when I ran in and said "OMG!!  OMG!!  OMG!!"  of course he did what any normal husband would do and jumped out of his slumber thinking I was getting murdered or something and said "WHAT!?!"  I immediately shoved the test in his face and said "LOOK!"  He was so confused (probably because he thought I was being murdered but instead was just stuffing a pee stick in his face).  AND said "uggh..what is that?" I immediately said "OMG!  It says, I'm pregnant!!"  He looked at me eyes filled with mokos still and said "oh, congratuatlions" I immediately started laughing!  So hard, I said "what?!  Did you really tell me Congratulations!?  HAHAHHA" he just looked at me possibly in shock still, because clearly I was still in shock myself!

I sat on our bed looking at the test, I think I was waiting for it to suddenly show a NOT in front of it, but nope!  It didn't happen & on this random day in February me & the husband were officially going to be parents :)

We had decided a long time ago, when but that we woudn't tell anyone once we finally got pregnant for the three months or at the very least until we went to the doctor!  So I said, Okay, we'll tell everyone that I gave up ALL alcohol for lent (since thank god, it had started just the day before) and we would tell everyone on Easter, 40 days later!

Once, the husband left to work I immediately called my closest, favorite cousin and AFTER making her SWEAR on her kids and numerous other things that she would NOT tell a single soul I told her that I had taken a test and it was positive and couldn't believe it!  She was so excited and I could feel how excited she was even from hundreds of miles away!  And we talked about all things baby!

Once I got to work I couldn't belive it still, and all I could think about was is it possible?  Once I got home I took TWO more tests just to be sure, and they were all positive!  This was it, the Laines Family would no longer be TWO + beasts but would soon be THREE :D  and I can't wait!

Stay tuned for the next story:  How we told the Parents :)

5 comments:

AngieP said...

how wonderful. :) what a great story. I did the same thing as you, I stood there in shock for awhile. Can't wait for the next story!

Erica said...

Thats so amazing and I love your story! Congrats girlie!

Jasmyne! said...

Loved reading your story, finding out is one of those memories I just don't think you will forget! :)

Jade :) said...

i think you are right :)

Jade :) said...

Do you think you really stood there for a couple of minutes? Or it was just your mind playing tricks on you? I think it was just my mind, but I totally could have stood there for 20 minutes :)