Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Moving!

Randomly I'll see something in a news article, or yahoo news that catches my eye, and today it was this!

BEST PLACES TO LIVE 2011!!!

I pretty sure I've said it here before, but there are so many times when I seriously wake up thinking, "What if me and the husband left the state and found jobs doing something completely different then we do here?  Have a BIG beautiful house with LOTS of space for our kids & beasts to run around!"  Could I really do it?  I don't know.  I mean we talk about it all the time, but it's so hard to say we'd do it because our ENTIRE family is in So Cal...and I mean we would be lonely. I get sad thinking about my kids not growing up around alllllllllll of their cousins because thats the way that I grew up and I didn't care that we didn't have a GIGANTIC yard to run around in, or the things that I had, BUT I loved the memories I had/still have with my cousins!!

I mean, what would you rather have?  More family, or a house that you love, in a community that you love?  I've never lived in a small town, I mean I grew up within 15/20 minutes of downtown LA and everything down here is pretty cramped so it definitely isn't a small town at all.  BUT when people talk about how they grew up in a tiny town, and loved it, I think man thats so cool!  I wonder what that would be like?  Which one is better?  Does anyone really have the answer? 

I remember when I moved to Fresno from LA to go to college I was in shock!  I could NOT believe that they only had ONE mall!!  I mean ONE mall!!  How do they have options?!?!  Considering I grew up within five minutes of TWO malls, and 15 minutes from 5+ different malls!  It was just crazy to me!  But this was completely normal to all of the people that were from the small towns surrounding Fresno, actually they were super excited that they even had a mall!  Heck, most of them were excited that they had a Targer/Costco/Walmart!  I couldn't believe it!!  Isn't it funny though, that now that I am older I long to live in a smaller city then even Fresno? 

Well, only god knows where our lives will lead us in the coming years, but I can't wait to see what he has in store for us!  Let's just hope it's where the husband and I are both making enough money to own a house a live comfortably with all the things that we ever need in life.

Until that time though, I'll continue looking at the BEST places to live, and maybe someday we'll end up at one :D  Hey!  You never know :)

1 comment:

Erica said...

Great post! It seems like we live on completely opposite sides of the country. (Literally) I am from Florida and I grew up exactly in a "One Horse Town" there wasn't even a walmart until I got into highschool. It was a really awesome place to live but growing up I hated it. When I moved to a "Big" city for college I yeared to go back to the country. It is like night and day. Even though we live in the city, if I had children I probably would move back to a small town for them to grow up. Life is more relaxed and everyone knows everyone.