Friday, June 1, 2012

Baby Laines-IS A.....

BOY!!!!

We are so excited!!!!

I didn't think that I would be as excited as I am...I mean really all my dreams of making the cutest bows!  Having a room filled with pink and soft girly things went out the window in an INSTANT....BUT right when those flew out the window, dreams of football, soccer & baseball games all flooded in!!  Dinosaurs, Cars & all things boy related came to mind, and I started to realize that I was EXCITED for a boy!!

AND how come NO one told me that when you go to get your "gender ultrasound" it is really to do a whole bunch of tests that take FOREVER!!  We got to the doctors @ 8:15 for the very first appointment available, and since I had to drink a whole bunch of water before it I was wayyyyyyyy uncomfortable!  They had us waiting for over an hour, clearly they don't know that they can't test the patience of a preggers lady because I was loosing it and fast, do you know how many times I have to pee a day, and it isn't right after I drank a GALLON of water!?!?!  I was getting so angry and I think they could tell, they kept telling me it was going to be a few minutes, and I didn't want to be mad when I was going to find out what the baby was...BUT I coudln't help it.  So AFTER an hour of waiting we finally got called back and me & the husband get up to go and the tech says, "Oh no, you can't come, you sit down and I call you when the test done."  WTF!?!  You had us waiting for an HOUR and now the husband cant even come back with me!?!?!  (I almost started crying right there, out of frustration of course)  BUT I refused to let these people ruin such an amazing moment that was about to happen!

I immediately said "wait!  He can't come??"  She said "no, not for test part, but after i call him and he come see the baby" ummm okay...whatever lets just get this over with.  So I go back there and she begins looking at the baby, and i had to lay there forever!  She had me turning all these different positions to get all these different pictures, i looked at my watch and I realized that it had already been 45 minutes!  She had told the husband it was only going to take 1/2 hour, I was sure he was super upset waiting for so long!  BUT we were looking at the baby to make sure that everything was alright.  When she was doing the test, I was trying so hard to see what the baby was...I kept thinking, is that the legs?  hmmm but the heart is right there so probably not...is that the legs?  over and over I wanted to know what Baby L was! 

While I was laying there though, she took a perfect picture of Baby L face on and all you can see is his ADORABLE lips!!  So juicy and so cute!  My eyes immediately started to water, it instantly felt so much more real...I mean I KNOW theres a baby inside, and I KNOW he's going to be here in a couple of months, but he doesn't kick or move too much so most times it doesn't really feel real!  Maybe I just feel like it's not real because we have wanted this baby for so long and now it doesn't seem like it could actually be happening.  whatever it was, it was amazing and I wish that she would have taken a picture of his face because he looked a lot less like an alien and a lot more like a baby! :D

She FINALLY called the husband in and was showing us the babies head, brain, heart, arms, face, everything then she says, "okay, baby looks good!" and goes to turn the machine off!!  UMMMMM excuse me??!?!  What is my baby!?!  I said, "ummm you couldn't tell if it was a boy or girl?!?!"  She said "Oh yeah, it BOY!  See!"  and she moved the wand over a different part and said "this legs, this bladder, this something between legs"  Oh my god!!  We're having a BOY!!  IS all I could think of in my head, but I was so excited to know what the baby was finally!!  I feel like this whole time I just wanted to know so bad, that now that I do know I am on a natural high :)  It's so exciting!

We had decided on the name Carter for a boy a while ago, I love it!  We have been looking at different names randomly but nothing seems as fitting and as cute as baby Carter :)  so we are so excited that Carter Laines will be here in just a few short months!




















OH and we got the news back today, that everything from the ultrasound was "A OKAY!"  So our little baby is growing perfectly inside :D

2 comments:

AngieP said...

oh a boy, how wonderful!! Congratulations! Where do you go to the doc where they won't let your hubby come back for the ultrasound?? That seems so weird! Has he gotten to see any of them?

Jade :) said...

I guess in CA they test for birth defects @ the mid-ultrasound all the other ultrasounds he was allowed to be in there that's why when I went for this one I thought it was weird! BUT I guess since they have to take pictures for so long 30-45 minutes they don't want another person in there bugging them when they're trying to concentrate...(I'm assuming) because no ones allowed to be in there and they take a picture of every single body part the baby has!! BUT once all those pictures were done then the tech called in the husband to come see the baby and she showed us all of his parts explaining this is the brain, the arms, legs, etc...it's just that all of my cousins had gotten an ultrasound and they didn't explain that this would happen (except that it was on a paper that I found later explaining the tests) my bad for not reading to ahead of time! :)

But YAY!!! For little boys!!! I'm so excited!!! Now to find cute boy clothes cause its hard! Most of them are LAMEEEEEE :/