Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Baby Laines-The Time We Told My Family (Easter Sunday)

Easter Sunday!
So like I said before we had decided long ago to WAIT until Easter when I was twelve or so weeks, to tell EVERYONE about the baby and of course I wanted to do it in a fun way, I mean since we had waited almost two months anyway!  

So I had tossed around lots of ideas, and I finally decided that I would buy these shirts for the BEASTS and have them wear them on Easter Sunday, run around until someone noticed what their shirts said!
Imagine this little dog....
In this cute shirt!
And this little dog...
In this ADORABLE shirt
Cute, right?  I know!  TRUST me they were super cute on! :D
(I don't know, why but I forgot to take a picture of the puppies in these adorable shirts, and now I can't find Marlee's maybe when we move it will turn up).

Okay, so I thought they were adorable and the people that did know, my mom, dad, steph were all so excited for everyone else to finally know, so was I!

We got there, and were sitting around, I was just waiting and waiting for someone to notice the shirts, we were probably all hanging out talking for a good I would say 30 minutes and NO ONE noticed the shirts (it was so weird because usually someone in my family will say something about the outfits I put my dogs in and this day not one person said anything). 

Finally, the Husband told my cousin Mela, "hey, look at the haircut I gave fox the other day, it's actually pretty good" she was like really?  Let me see and picked him up, right when she picked him up she said "what does his shirt say?" and started to read it, well at that exact moment someone called her and she put him down.  (what was more funny was that me, the husband and my sister in law pokey were all sitting there eagerly waiting for someone to figure it out, to tell you the truth I was super tired of holding the secret and I wanted everyone to know already).

So, she walks away and we sit there in suspense, FINALLY she comes back and says hold on let me see Fox and picks him up again, she looks at his shirt and starts to read it, she says "I'm going to be a big brother, what does that mean?  OMG!!  Is Marlee Preggers??"  I looked at her and said NO!  If she was wouldn't that be his kid?  She looked at me confused and said, "well then I don't get it, what does that mean?"  I said "I don't know" by now I could tell that the husband and his sister were getting super anxious for her to figure it out because they were giving her clues like who would be his sibling?  NOT Marlee's babies!  She reads it again, and again and then goes, "OMG!! WAIT!!!  OMG!!  HOLD ON!!!  WAIT!!!" (yelling)  I immediately start smiling because I knew she had figured it out.  She calls my other cousin (her sister) and says "OMG Jumps READ THIS!!!"  My cousin Jumps reads it and says the same thing, "Ummm I'm going to be a big brother?  I don't get it, OMG!  Marlee's preggers!"  I laughed again and said "NO!  Marlee is his wife! DUH"  She goes, "wait then who's pregnant!?"  Mela looks at her and you could tell that at that exact moment they realized it, they both looked at me and said "OMG!!  You're going to have a baby!?!?!"  I said "ya" and I could feel my eyes getting watery (at this point I could cry for ANYTHING so it didn't really take much) they asked me how far along I was and then were shocked that we had kept it so secret!  BUT they were super excited!  I told them not to say anything so that everyone would find out themselves once they got there.

So my aunt who lives there came out of her room, and they asked her "Did you see Fox's shrit?" she said "No" and was literally chasing Fox around to read his shirt, it was the funniest thing, she read it and we hugged, this happened to every single one of my family members as they walked in to Easter.  My cousin Clarissa got there, and right away started crying!  She said "OMG!  I know you're preggers thats what his shirt says, ha?"  we kept telling her to read it and she was already crying, as soon as she read it we hugged and of course I was in tears (this made my eyes get watery just typing it now, damn these pregnancy hormones!) My Aunt Lali walked in right at that moment, and she said "OMG!!  YAY!!  I'm so excited for you!"  Everyone else got there slowly and everyone else found out by our little puppies, aren't they the cutest props ever?

Everyone in my family was beyond excited for us, they kept asking how far along I was when the due date was, what we were going to name him/her and we were so excited to finally have the cat out of the bag!!  I was so relieved that EVERYONE knew now and we were no longer keeping a secret from anyway!

AND the best part, that day we were exactly 12 weeks along, no longer in the unknown 1st trimester, (or very close to the end) and we were excited that our embryo was on his/her way to being a fetus, which would turn into a brand new baby!  AND I think about it and I'm so glad that we told my family together at an event!  It was the BEST decision that the husband and I have ever made!

1 comment:

The Pink Growl said...

I love the pics of the pups!