Tuesday, July 3, 2012

MOVING is the WORST

So, I have been talking about us moving for a while now, and it's FINALLY the week that we are moving!  When we got married we had Little Fox, and we needed a place that allowed dogs, and was in the price range that we felt comfortable with, so when we found the place we are in now, I was excited!  It was little, BUT it was more room then we had living at my parents house in a tiny bedroom!  AND we LOVED LOVED LOVED the neighborhood, they allowed dogs, and the floors were hardwood and AMAZING!

Needless to say, we looked passed some things that were NOT so great, the itty bitty kitchen (literally, if two people are in there you will be pumping into each other, and the fridge won't open all the way) -.- ALSO to get from the car to our house, is FOUR yes FOUR flights of stairs, same thing if you want to do laundry.  AND the walls are paper thin, OH and we have had LOTS of complainers about anything from our dogs WALKING too hard, living next to a Fraternity House, AND oh ya neighbors leaving notes on our door, TWO weeks after we moved in saying that they can hear our TV! (ridiculous, considering for ONE of week we were gone on our honeymoon) It has been a long, almost two years, and we really did love this tiny apartment, it was the BEST first apartment, AND I am going to miss it, BUT I am ready to move on to bigger and better things!

The new apartment has a POOL, a FITNESS CENTER (it's tiny, but it has a treadmill), a BALCONY, TWO BEDROOMS & TWO BATHROOMS, a BIG step up from our tiny one bedroom, one bath right now, A HUGE kitchen with LOTS of counter space, a DISH WASHER, a wayyy bigger dining area, AND bigger closets (which is funny, because when we moved into the apartment we are in right now, we were super excited about the closet that we have right now, because we had the super small standard closet before) and NOW bigger!!  I'm excited!!!  

So, now the downside to moving....
PACKING
I hate it, so much!  We kinda started on Sunday which means we packed all our DVD's and some of our books! :)  and umm that's it, and then last night we started packing up MOST of the living room, actually it's pretty much packed just furniture left.

BUT, I have been on the phone with people from all the utility companies for the last two days, and blahhhh I don't like dealing with all the people I have to deal with to change everything over, it reminds me of when I was changing my name :l

So, after ALL of this complaining about moving, I mean I think I've done enough of it in my life, considering when I was in college I MOVED EVERY SINGLE YEAR :/ BUT I am really really really excited to finally be in the new apartment, it's bigger, and better and hopefully doesn't have paper thin walls, AND to make things better our neighbors are moving to the SAME apartment complex like us, remember when I was talking about how sad I was that we were leaving them, because they are the BEST neighbors ever!  WELL looks like we will just be cross the street neighbors soon, so we're excited! :D

BUT, until everything is set up in our NEW apartment, I'm going to continue to complain about how much I hate moving, thank god we have LOTS and LOTS of people coming to help us with the move, 
Thank You Friends/Family you guys are the BEST!

So, happy 4th of July EVE everyone!!!  I hope you guys have lots of fun, eating, drinking and lighting fireworks tomorrow, I LOVE the 4th! 
SO MUCH FUN!!

Oh, and as PROMISED, I have a picture of little Penelope, and why do I love this puppy so MUCH, she is doing the BEST with pad training AND is the calmest little puppy ever, and DID I mention the CUTEST little puppy EVER! 
Meet Penelope 
(still working on a middle name)
isn't her shirt the cutest, I got it at the swapmeet for $1 LOVE!

2 comments:

The Pink Growl said...

Are you keeping the puppies? Penelope is just adorable! I want her!! Moving is awful! I hate it.

AngieP said...

Cutest doggie!! Yay for moving, good luck & hope it all goes smoothly girl!