Monday, July 9, 2012

a Moving update

Man, Oh Man, where did my weekend go??  Can someone please find it, and bring it back here, NOW!!  I need it back ASAP!

Okay, so an update on the weekend, I had taken 1/2 of a day off on Friday so that I could do a couple of things, like take the Xterra to get fixed, and take the puppies to get their shots PLUS I had to go pick up our keys for the new apartment!  Well, I FIGURED with the rest of my day I would have time to go back to the house and pack some more, WELL see what happens when you make plans like that, my car didn't end up getting finished until AFTER 7 o'clock and I still had to drive home, so needless to say, NOT much packing happened on Friday night, we ended up going to bed pretty early and deciding that we would wake up at 6 in order to finish packing and get everything ready for when everyone came to help!

We did ACTUALLY for once wake up on time, we got to packing and prepared for everyone to come.  At one point during the week, the husband told me, "I'm pretty sure that we will only need to make one or two trips at the MOST to take everything to the new apartment"  I knew that this was NOT true because I could tell we had a LOT of stuff!  But, I let him think that, finally every one got there and ALMOST everything was packed into FIVE different trucks!!  AND we still had LOTS of stuff left to take!!  It was getting hot, but at least we had LOTS of help, I think I ended up counting that we had OVER 15 people helping us, carrying things, helping us pack everything!  It was the BEST!!  AND we finished moving EVERY SINGLE thing from one apartment to the next apartment by 3 or 4 o'clock!  I CANNOT begin to say how thankful I am to our friends & family for helping us this weekend!!  YOU GUYS are the BEST!!!  We even were able to put a lot of stuff away!!

It is nice to be in our NEW MUCH BIGGER apartment, it's way more roomy and way cooler, as in temperature wise, I think it's because we don't have DIRECT sun beating against our front door, like we did at the Camilla Shore!  But it was weird, on Friday night when we went to go see the new apartment and make sure they had finished painting and putting the carpet, I got kinda sad thinking that we were gonna wake up in the new apartment that following Sunday (weird especially considering that I had wanted to move for so long).

When I woke up on Saturday I was still kinda sad, and once everyone left us there alone on Saturday I just felt an instant feeling of homesickness so weird.  We had to go back to Camilla to leave the keys and cover some holes so we went over there on Saturday night, and I'm not gonna lie, it made me get really teary eyed leaving that place.  It's weird that you want something so bad but when you get it then you get sad, does that make sense?  Well when we left Camilla, as we were leaving I wanted to cry :(  We had started our lives together there, as husband and wife, we were comfortable there, the puppies were comfortable there.  We had our routine that worked perfectly, the area was beautiful and the people (some of them) were nice people.  We were now leaving to face the unknown, we didn't know how the people above or below would be, OR how our direct neighbors would be.  OR even if we would like it, it's weird that all of a sudden you get sad about the unknown right?  I just thought about how excited we were to move into our own place that the first night when we slept on the floor we didn't even care, we were so excited to be there!

I am super excited to be in our new place, and I do love it!  AND I can't wait til everything is in it's spot and nice and neat, I'm sure we'll feel 100% more comfortable.  AND I can't wait til we have cable, I really missed watching the news this morning.  BUT really, I as much as I wanted out of the Camilla Shore I do miss it a tiny bit.

So, now you see, it's funny that for the PAST month I've been talking about HOW MUCH I LOVE our new apartment and how I couldn't wait to leave our old apartment (AND I'M POSITIVE that in a couple of weeks I'm going to be in LOVE with this apartment) but for this post, I am going to reminisce about all the good things that the Camilla Shore gave to us :)

Thank you Camilla Shore for....
....loving my little puppies, you all loved Fox & Marlee so much and would always stop to pet them.
....making the management our next door neighbors, besides the random cigarette smoke they were actually good neighbors
....being in an AMAZING neighborhood!!  Literally I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!  It's so green and so amazing!!!
....allowing us to live next to a fraternity house, I mean seriously watching those girls doing the walk of shame after any holiday or party was AMAZING!!  Reminded me of my Phi Mu days, when we'd sit in the dining room and watch all the girls do that same walk.
....allowing us to see random wildlife, it made it feel like we were at summer camp randomly.
....being our very first apartment and something that we could afford and be comfortable in.
....making deadsol leave, I mean it makes the apartment complex better for everyone.
....giving us the BEST neighbors that anyone could ask for, I mean seriously we would have NEVER met Britt & Adrian if it weren't for you, and I'm positive we'll be long lasting friends, all thanks to Camilla.
....having the historic house across the street from you, I mean my dogs did love having a yard to be able to run around in :)
....having a tiny kitchen, because you made me truly appreciate this new apartment.
....letting me know what it feels like when people say cramped quarters, if you had to move your table away from the wall and touching the fridge in order to allow 4 people to sit at it then you were entirely too small, BUT we do appreciate our bigger dining room now :)
....making us realize that we NEVER want to live in the type of apartment where people walk by your apartment on a daily basis EVER again!!  Really??  Running with a SHIT LOAD of keys attached to your waist, is NOT something I want to hear every Saturday morning.
....hosting all our Jersey Shore nights!
....appreciate carpet again, because all though we thought we were going to LOVE those hardwood floors, REALLY they were a HUGE pain in the ass!  When we buy a house if we get hardwood floors, we are going to make sure to spend money on the quality ones, because those cheap ones are TERRIBLE!

I hope you all had a WONDERFUL weekend, and please pray that I get my house in order this week, I think I'm feeling "homesick" because everything is still such a mess, and I need everything in a place soon!

AND remember when I said I can't wait for July to be here?  Well I realized that it's here and it's going by SUPER fast, and ALMOST all of our weekends are filled with events!  Please July, hurry up your weekdays but slooooooooooow day your weekends :) K thanks!! :D

1 comment:

Mel said...

Well, hope the move went well. Reading your post is motivating me to GET PACKING AGAIN as I sit and look at all the empty boxes around me. Put up pics of the new place!