Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Past Life

Don't you love when you randomly find or see pictures that are from years ago, and in an instant all of these funny, or random memories come to your mind?  I often reminisce about times when I was young, and all I had to worry about was making sure my phone bill was paid and what I was going to wear to the party the following weekend....oh how times have changed, right?

I'm not sure if I've mentioned this before on this here blog, BUT I went to school about four hours away from my family at Fresno State, and ALTHOUGH at first it was the HARDEST thing I have ever done, I mean literally crying every single day because I didn't want to be there anymore, it ended up being one of the BEST experiences of my whole entire life!!!  AND definitely something that I'll NEVER forget!!!

While I was there I met LOTS of AMAZING people and joined a sorority called 
Phi Mu
I never really thought that I would be a "sorority girl" but my cousin had told me that since I was having such a hard time adjusting to living so far away from family it would be good to check one out, toward the end of my Freshman Year my then boyfriend and I started dating and he was in a Fraternity, so of course when I went to a formal with him I met lots of girls from the sorority and we had SO MUCH FUN!!  I loved them, they were all so nice and it seemed like something that was so much fun to be apart of!  So that following Fall I rushed!  I made it through rush and being a little tiny Phi, (the name we call you when you are pledging the sorority).  In November of 2004 I officially became a 
Phi Mu
That following fall I moved into the house and that's when the real fun began, I had moved there from an apartment that I shared with three other girls, BUT we had our room and we had to share two bathrooms with THREE other girls, once I moved into the sorority house I had to share ONE bathroom (yes it had about FOUR stalls & FIVE showers, but still) with FORTY girls!!  Needless to say, it was CRAZY, especially when there was any event going on!  BUT it was the BEST, so much fun!!  
We did things like
Sports night!
Random trips to get pinatas for a sisters birthday @ 2 am!!
Carnival parties
where we all got to act like kids and run around playing "carnival games" for prizes and alcohol!
RANDOM trips 
to spend the weekend at the beach :)
Football games on a charter bus @ 6:30 am!
that made us wake up before the sun, and start drinking before 8, to get there two hours before the game, and tailgate with LOTS of San Jose fans, surprisingly they were all very nice and hospitable to us the opposing team!
$1 beer night 
it was our FAVORITE I mean really, we're broke college students this was the BEST deal ever, even if it did mean we had to go out on Mondays!
We HAD to come up with the 
BEST Halloween costumes 
because we had LOTS of Halloween parties to go to!
We DID study, even if it was at the BAR!!!...told you...
we LOVED $1 beer nights :)
Sometimes, we would just get 
CRAZY in our room!!
P.S. YES, I did just post this picture because my hair color was cute, and I look SUPER SKINNY sue me!
But after all that fun, 
YES I did graduate
actually EARLY
I lived in the sorority house until I graduated and until this day I would tell anyone and everyone that pledging a sorority is the BEST thing that you could do while in college, it literally makes college SOO much more fun then it already is.  SO thank you Fresno State & thank you Phi Mu for making my college experience one that I will NEVER forget!!!
(Oh AND thanks Myspace for keeping all my fun pictures nice and safe for me :))

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like a great past time for yours! :)

Jamie said...

So fun!

Melissa said...

I have a couple friends that went to Fresno and had such a good time, even though they weren't too stoked on the city itself.

I've been reading a few blog posts about sororities recently and you all seem to have so much fun!